This secluded garden off the main road in Langgur is a memoriad to the Dutch Catholic bishop executed on this spot by invading Japanese forces in 1942. Also, of interest is a three-dimensional mural commemorating 100 years of Catholicism in Kei, and telling the story of the Church’s arrival and development since 1889.
It explains how Langgur used to be known as Hanggur, meaning ‘sand’ but changed its name in memory of the Dutch trader Adolof Lange, who first invited Catholic missionaries to Kei. A statue of Mgr. Jhon Aerts has been erected in Langgur to commerate him and his priest and nun. Langgur village is well known as a center of Catholicsm in this Island. Another interesting sight to see in a village near Langgur is a cave of Maria mediatrix in Kolser village which famous and considered as the oldest Marry cave in Indonesia